Sergiev Posad Museum collection of jewelry art

Reliquary. Apostles St.Peter and St.Paul. 1463. The Trinity Monastery

Reliquary. Apostles St.Peter and St.Paul. 1463. The Trinity Monastery. Sergiyev Posad Museum collection of jewelry art

Sergiyev Posad is an old Russian city in Moscow region, founded in 15th century. The collection of jewelry art exhibited in The Sergiev Posad State History and Art Museum-Preserve demonstrates high skill of Russian craftsmen in filigree, engraving, casting, enamel. The most valuable part of the Sergiev Posad Museum collection of jewelry art presented by the works of early 14th century. They show popular techniques and, at the same time, they illustrate the character of fine art of that time as nearly all of them are decorated by pictorial images. Among them is a rare silver chalice of the first half of the 14th century, presumably donated by boyar Dmitry Ivanovich Godunov.

Censer. 1405. Belonged to Father Superior Nikon

Censer. 1405. Belonged to Father Superior Nikon. Sergiev Posad Museum collection of jewelry

Cross-reliquary. 1678. Donated by Grand Princess Irina Mikhailovna

Cross-reliquary. 1678. Donated by Grand Princess Irina Mikhailovna. Sergiev Posad Museum collection of jewelry art

Cross-reliquary. The Crucifixion, Archdeacon Stephen, St. Nicholas, St. Stephen the Confessor. Mid-14th century. Work of Semyon Zolotilov. Obverse & Reverse

Cross-reliquary. The Crucifixion, Archdeacon Stephen, St. Nicholas, St. Stephen the Confessor. Mid-14th century. Work of Semyon Zolotilov. Obverse & Reverse. Sergiev Posad Museum collection of jewelry

Crown. Mid-16th century. Detail of the mounting for the icon 'The Old Testament Trinity'. Donated by Tsar Ivan the Terrible

Crown. Mid-16th century. Detail of the mounting for the icon ‘The Old Testament Trinity’. Donated by Tsar Ivan the Terrible. Sergiev Posad Museum collection of jewelry

Gospel. 1695. Donated by Prince Ivan Borisovich Repnin. Back cover

Gospel. 1695. Donated by Prince Ivan Borisovich Repnin. Back cover. Sergiev Posad Museum collection of jewelry

Gospel. 1695. Donated by Prince Ivan Borisovich Repnin

Gospel. 1695. Donated by Prince Ivan Borisovich Repnin. Sergiev Posad Museum collection of jewelry

Gospel. Late 15th century. Originally from the Nikolo-Pesnoshsky Monastery

Gospel. Late 15th century. Originally from the Nikolo-Pesnoshsky Monastery. Sergiev Posad Museum collection of jewelry

The precious Gospel cover of the late 15th century, originating from the Nikilo-Pesnoshsky Monastery, was very likely connected with the Trinity artistic workshops.

Icon. St. Sergius of Radonezh. 1667. Donated by Bogdan Matveyevich Khitrovo

Icon. St. Sergius of Radonezh. 1667. Donated by Bogdan Matveyevich Khitrovo. Sergiev Posad Museum collection of jewelry art

Panagia. Christ Enthroned, the Virgin of the Sign, the Old Testament Trinity, St. Nicholas. Late 15th century. Obverse. Reverse. Interior

Panagia. Christ Enthroned, the Virgin of the Sign, the Old Testament Trinity, St. Nicholas. Late 15th century. Obverse. Reverse. Interior. Sergiev Posad Museum collection of jewelry art

Panagia. First quarter of the 15th century. Obverse. Belonged to Father Superior Nikon

Panagia. First quarter of the 15th century. Obverse. Belonged to Father Superior Nikon. Sergiev Posad Museum collection of jewelry art

Panagia. First quarter of the 15th century. Reverse. Belonged to Father Superior Nikon

Panagia. First quarter of the 15th century. Reverse. Belonged to Father Superior Nikon. Sergiev Posad Museum collection of jewelry art

Plaque. The Apostle Peter. 14th century. Novgorod. Detail of the 17th century epitrachelion

Plaque. The Apostle Peter. 14th century. Novgorod. Detail of the 17th century epitrachelion. Sergiev Posad Museum collection of jewelry art

The Petrovskaya Virgin with Metropolitans Peter and Alexius. Triptych. Second half of the 16th century. Novgorod

The Petrovskaya Virgin with Metropolitans Peter and Alexius. Triptych. Second half of the 16th century. Novgorod

'Bratina'. The 1-th third 17 c. Donated by Feodor Nikitich Apraksin. Sergiev Posad Museum collection

‘Bratina’. The 1-th third 17 c. Donated by Feodor Nikitich Apraksin. Sergiev Posad Museum collection

Crescent collar. Mid-16th century. Detail of the mounting for the icon “The Old Testament Trinity”. Donated by Tsar Ivan the Terrible. Sergiev Posad Museum collection of jewelry

Crescent collar. Mid-16th century. Detail of the mounting for the icon “The Old Testament Trinity”. Donated by Tsar Ivan the Terrible. Sergiev Posad Museum collection of jewelry

Reliquary. The Deesis and Saints. 1410 – 1429. Belonged to Radonezh Princes. Sergiev Posad Museum collection of jewelry art

Reliquary. The Deesis and Saints. 1410 – 1429. Belonged to Radonezh Princes. Sergiev Posad Museum collection of jewelry art

www.musobl.divo.ru