Stained glass painting by Iris
Stained glass painting by Iris. Iris (Irina Pavlova) – St. Petersburg painter vitriarius (glass artist), painter and graphic artist. Iris was born on February 9, 1962 into a family of a military engineer and linguist of Russian philology. In 1979, she joined the biology department at Leningrad State University. Then she began to paint. Attended art studio for adults, graduated from the St. Petersburg State Academy of Art and Industry in 1995, specializing in glass. Since 2001, she opened her own creative workshop. From 2005 to 2007 – the art director of “Iris – SPB”, in 2007 organized her company – LLC “Iris”. Iris is a member of the Union of Artists of Russia since 2002. Her works are in the Museum of Glass Art in St. Petersburg, Nabokov Memorial Museum, in many private collections around the world.
Colored glass – magical treat for the soul, it nourishes our Inner Child, again brings us back to childhood, where we all come from. Colored glass – that the philosopher’s stone, or rather, that philosophic liquid that turns gray lead our everyday life in the golden light of life here and now.
One of my customers told me: “I got up at night, went to the kitchen – was smoking. It was cold, full moon. I looked through stained glass mosaic, made by you Iris, Moon enlightened every piece of the mosaic painting with different colors, I began looking at other pieces as they mysteriously changed because of the moon. My wife came in. We stood embracing, watching together” …
Iris decorated a number of cafes and restaurants of St. Petersburg – “Forum”, “Chinar”, cafe “Remix”, Cafe “Gourmet”, cafe “Two Moons”. In 2008, for the first time in St. Petersburg she began using a unique technique of stained glass mosaic.
The Bench by St. Petersburg artist Iris. This stained glass interpretation of the painting by artist Leonid Afremov. The painting is executed with stained glass paints, lacquers and contours using crystal paste
Couple in the rain. Stained glass interpretation of the paintings of fine artist L. Afremov. Made with stained glass contours and colors using lacquer and crystal paste.
Dream of Angel by St. Petersburg artist Iris. Painted with the stained glass paints and contours. Stained interpretation based on the work of artist Sokolova.
– 1993 – The Pushkin Apartment Museum (Moika, 12) – “Impressions of France”, painting, drawing
– 1996 – Museum of Fyodor Dostoevsky – “Romantic St. Petersburg”, painting;
– 1999, 2001, 2003, 2005 – Gallery “Glass”, glass painting.
– 2003, 2007 – Memorial Museum of Nabokov (B.Morskaya, 47) – glass, paintings, decorative objects.
Some collective exhibitions:
– 1992 – “Porcelain. Shapes and decor” – Limoges, France .
– 2001 – “Ode to the glass” – Museum of Ethnography
– 2002 – “70 years of the Union of Artists” – “Manege”
– Autumn and Spring exhibition at the Artists Union (B.Morskaya , 38)
– Group exhibition “Glass on the Grass” and “Glass on the snow” on Yelagin Island – since 2005.