Beaded Temple in Crimea – a monastic hermitage of St. Anastasia the Pharmakolytria of Bakhchsarai Holy Dormition Monastery, located in the rock caves of Kachi-Kalon, close (1.5 km) to the village of Preduschelnoe. The Cave temple is decorated with hundreds of original handmade lamps and wrought iconostasis. The walls, ceilings, windows, doors covered with patterns of colored beads and beaded panels adorn the temple even outside. Over the years, the monastery has become almost famous, there is always friendly and welcoming attitude to all whom the God leads to the monastery – no matter pilgrims or tourists. The place is much prayed, with the strong presence of the Holy Spirit.
The monastery existed here until 1778 (this year Christians left the Crimea). Monastery of Saint Anastasia was established in Kachi-Kalon in 1850. A spring in the cave became a place of pilgrimage, because it was considered curative. The old church was restored, liturgy renewed, and was built the new road, also named after Saint Anastasia.
The monastery was closed in 1921, but the monastic tradition remained valid until 1932.
During collectivization, it was closed, and the monks were evicted beyond the Crimea. Kachi-Kalon ceased to exist as a settlement. Until 2005, above the hermitage was a quarry for mining rock, and the hermitage was all filled up with stones. Then this place was declared reserve and quarrying was banned.
Monks dismantled rubble and wanted to restore the old cave temple of Great Martyr Anastasia, however, the authorities banned its restoring, because territory belongs to geological reserve. Then a new church was built, where services are held now.
Under the temple monks used the rock caves. The whole temple was decorated with a huge number of oil lampsk and beaded jewelry. It turned out that father abbot himself is engaged in needlework and the monks help him. They also grow fruit orchard on stone ground and collect rain water in barrels for watering it. Electricity is generated due to the windmill. Near the monastery equipped and decorated a spring in honor of St. Anastasia.
During a relatively short history of the monastery, there have been evidences from the believers on this holy spring, proving the existence of the healing power of the water in it. For a very short time the monastery has grown significantly, and has been beautifully decorated. Only those who have been to these places before, can appreciate the enormous selfless work of fraternity on the temple.
In addition to a young monastery garden, blend in with the surrounding landscape utility rooms and cells. A new ground temple is being built on a new expanded territory for further construction.