Celebration in honor of the 75th anniversary of the VDNKh (All-Russia Exhibition Centre), or the Exhibition of Achievements of the People’s Economy was organized August 1, 2014. The fireworks, based on the roofs of the pavilions and Space Center shot all over the vast territory of the VDNKh. The holiday was really very beautiful. It is a pity, fireworks did not last long, just 4 minutes. VDNKh territory is rich in various architectural monuments, many of which are known throughout the world. Created in Soviet times, VDNKh is a monument to the Soviet era, the perfect example of different architectural views.
The Exhibition Complex was officially opened in 1939 as the “All-Union Agricultural Exhibition” and operated until 1941. Its predecessor was the “All-Russian Agricultural and Handicraft Industry Exhibition”, organized in 1923 in Moscow on the Sparrow Hills. In 1941, the exhibition operated only 1 month and five days. During the Great Patriotic War the exposure and the library were evacuated to Chelyabinsk. The exhibition was reopened only in 1954 after the reconstruction, which was launched in 1950. In 1959, the complex has been redeveloped and given a new name – “Exhibition of Achievements of the National Economy of the USSR”. In 1992-2014 the complex was called “All-Russia Exhibition Centre”. The name VDNKh was returned on May 14-15, 2014
Most famous monuments include the monument “Worker and Collective Farm Girl” by sculptor Vera Mukhina and architect Boris Iofan (currently set on the reconstructed pavilion at the northern entrance), fountain “Friendship of Peoples of the USSR” and “Stone Flower”, the pavilions of the Ukrainian SSR, the Uzbek SSR, Mechanization and Electrification of Agriculture of the USSR (Cosmos).