On the territory of the city of Dolgoprudny, Moscow Region, there is a partially preserved corner of history and culture – this is the Mysovo estate. We are talking about a building on the street. Parkovaya, 33 – the so-called “White House” (now it is green) or “House with a tower”. The building is brick-built with a Moorish style turret. Inside the building there are spiral cast-iron staircases. Mention of Mysovo begins in the middle of the 17th century, since 1660 this place belonged to Princess A.I. Cherkasskaya.
The local first school was supported by the owner of the village. But, in 1880, Malyutin lost Mysovo at cards to a merchant, a large tea merchant Alexander Kirsanovich Kuznetsov. Mysovo belonged to the Kuznetsovs until 1917. The Kuznetsovs turned the estate into their dacha outside Moscow. They put in order the park and the Round Grove, and laid a road to their possessions. A barrier was installed in Likhachovo, on which a fee was charged from a carriage with a load passing along a paved road. Trees were planted along the side of the road, giving it the appearance of a lovely alley.
In Mysovo, 6 wooden houses were also built without a single nail in the “Russian style”, which were rented out as summer cottages. There is information that one of the houses later named “House of the Agronomist” in 1911 was dismantled and taken to Paris for an exhibition, where it made a huge impression. The Kuznetsovs had a large stable for 40 horses; tinned arable land existed for their maintenance. In addition, across the river there was a meadow of 40 acres (hay for horses). There was a rider – an Englishman. There was even a hospital for horses.
The Mysovo estate had a large stockyard, a poultry house and a kennel.
There was a fountain with flower beds in front of the house, and palm trees and other rare plants were grown in the greenhouse. In 1908, a water pumping station was built, it also provided electricity. For the summer season, the Kuznetsovs came to Mysovo, and spent the winter in Paris. There were always many guests in the estate, balls and hunting were often held.
After 1918, a commune of former employees of the Kuznetsovs was organized in Mysovo, it was supported by the owner of the estate, Alexander Kuznetsov, until 1921 (paid salaries), hoping to preserve the estate until capitalism returned to Russia. The commune lasted until 1929. In 1930, a fruit and berry experimental station was organized in Mysovo. The well-known strawberry variety “Mysovka” and the gooseberry variety “Mysovskiy 17” were bred.
Mysovsky Park was a great place for workers to relax, but the construction of the Moscow-Volga Canal, begun in 1934, had a negative impact on the park and the grove that stretched on the banks of the Klyazma. The round grove was cut down, and the trees were used to build barracks for the canal builders.
Some buildings of the Mysovo estate have survived to this day – “House with a Tower” (in very poor condition), one house out of 6 built without a nail – “House of the Agronomist” and to the left of it is a small Teremok. Now “House of the Agronomist” and Teremok are inaccessible for viewing, surrounded by a blank fence.