Village of Tatarinovo belonged to the Rudak from a noble family Vecheslova. After 1626, Tatarintsevo turned into an empty abandoned place. The village was given to the Ivan Semenovich Ladyzhensky. He settled Tatarintsevo for the second time in 1641. Back then, there were 3 courtyards of six people each. I. S. Ladyzhensky’s father, Semyon Romanovich Ladyzhensky, was the treasurer of Patriarch Filaret (1619-1633). Before his death, he accepted the resurrection and the new name Sergius. Patriarch Filaret presented him with a silver Cross with 38 pieces of relics and other shrines.
In 1737, by the zeal of the landowner of Tatarintsevo, Artemy Ivanovich Ladyzhensky, a stone single-altar church was built here in the name of the Exaltation of the Honest and Life-Giving Cross of the Lord. The composition of the temple goes back to the tower temples of the late XVII century. The type of architecture is modest Baroque. The church is built in three tiers. The lower one is built with an equi-pointed cross with semicircular ends (apses), on which rest two octagons decreasing in volume. The plinth of the temple is lined with white stone. Until the revolution of 1917, the sacristy of the church kept a certificate issued to Ladyzhensky for the construction of the church by Bishop Veniamin of Kolomna and Kashira.
In 1788, the son of A. I. Ladyzhensky, Nikolai Artemyevich, submitted a petition to the Kolomna Spiritual Church for the construction of a new iconostasis. This iconostasis has survived to this day. Its special feature is the abundance of wooden statues of Angels. To the right of the Royal Gate, in a special ark, the Ladyzhenskys marked their relic—the Cross-relic of Patriarch Filaret. The name of the icon painters who painted the oldest icons of the iconostasis—Minin is known. The iconostasis itself is made in the spirit of classicism.
One mile from Tatarintsevo was a village of Saburovo. A wooden church of the Kazan Icon of the Mother of God was built there in 1770. In 1805, this church was assigned to the Holy Cross Church. At the second half of the XIX century, it was dismantled due to dilapidation.
In the period from 1828 to 1837, a bell tower was built on the north side of the church. According to eyewitnesses, the bell tower was equal in height to the church, three-tiered, with a square base, round windows and one crown. A wooden staircase with passageways led up. The place of the ringing was surrounded by wrought-iron bars. In 1887, it had 6 bells.
Under the year 1845, a stone chapel is mentioned at the temple.
In 1852, thanks to the efforts of the rector, Priest Alexy Lviv, a warm refectory with two side altars was added to the Holy Cross Church. The altar on the right—in honor of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker, the left-in honor of St. Alexy, Metropolitan of Moscow and All Russia.
The revolution of 1917 did not affect the church, the services continued. It is known that in the early 20s, church valuables were seized in the church.
Hieromonk Antipas became the rector of the church in the world, his name was Anton Petrovich Kirillov. In 1898, he entered the Athos Monastery, where he became a monk. He was ordained a priest in 1929.
The last Service in the Church of the Exaltation of the Cross was performed by Antipas on the feast of the “Presentation of the Lord” on February 15, 1938. The next day, he was arrested. On March 17, 1938, Hieromonk Antipas was shot at the Butovo firing range near Moscow. He is buried in an unknown grave. On December 26, 2002, at a meeting of the Holy Synod, he was beatified as a saint of the New Martyrs of Russia.
After Antipas, Fyodor Mikhailovich Markov, the son of the priest-confessor Mikhail, was arrested. He died in exile in the beginning. The 30-ies Lived in Tatarintseva and helped Antipas in the choir. On July 1, 1938, he was also shot at Butovo.
After the arrest of Antipas, the Holy Cross Church was closed, a vegetable store was made in it, but the interior decoration did not break. In 1939, the bell tower was broken.
The first post-closure service was held on December 19, 1945. Victor then became the abbot. The merit of the opening of Holy cross Church belongs to Nadezhda Terentievna Lugovoy. In 1926, she was a member of the church council of the temple. She was hiding from damage, many of the icons and other relics. Then I collected signatures for the opening of the church.
A lot for the improvement of the Church have worked Archpriest Mikhail Stepanov (rector 1974-1989) With him in the temple there were gas heating, built a large brick Church building, all gilded iconostasis, updated painting, etc Archpriest Michael died in 2001 in Savvino Storiescom monastery.
Unfortunately, during the robbery of the church in 1991, the Cross-relic of Patriarch Filaret disappeared, although he successfully survived the persecution of the Soviet era.
Since June 1997, the abbot is Abbot Thaddeus (Shavernev).
In 1999, one of the residents of s. Tatarintseva sacrificed vintage bell. By Christmas 2000, a wooden belfry was built in the courtyard of the church. On January 7, 2000, the first bell ringing took place in the church after a 62-year break.
In the summer of 2001, two towers with crosses were replaced. In 2002-2003, the painting and exterior decoration were updated. On March 17, 2003, the first Liturgy of the Holy Martyr Antipas was held in the Church of the Exaltation of the Cross.
The revered shrines of the temple are: the statue of Christ in the dungeon of the XVIII century, the icon of the Mother of God of Jerusalem and “All the sorrowful Joy”. Next to the temple there is a holy spring, which is always consecrated on the night of the feast of Epiphany.
The service in the church is performed on Sundays and holidays. The temple has a library and a video library. Conversations about faith are held for everyone, and there is a Sunday school.
Directions: from Moscow to the town of Khotkovo, and from there by bus to Tatarintsevo; or in the Ryazan highway to D. Starnikovo, there is a turn-3 km to Tatarintsevo.