House-museum of the Tsvetaev family in the village of Novo-Talitsy
Not far from the city of Ivanovo, in the village of Novo-Talitsy, there is a house-museum of the Tsvetaev family.
The museum is located in a log house, where three generations of the Tsvetaev family have lived for 75 years since 1853. Vladimir Vasilyevich (1819 – 1884) – priest, grandfather of the great Russian poet Marina Ivanovna Tsvetaeva, comes to Talitsy with his family and settles in a parish house, which is located on the picturesque bank of the Verguza River. The family had seven children, however, three of them died. There are four sons left – Peter, Ivan, Fedor and Dmitry.
Each of them contributed to the enlightenment of Russian youth. The most famous of the brothers is Ivan Vladimirovich – the ideological inspirer and founder of the Museum of Fine Arts named after Alexander III (now it is the Pushkin State Museum of Fine Arts).
After the death of the Tsvetaevs, the house was nationalized and then transferred to private hands.
In 1988, the house was bought by the state from the previous owners to create a museum. Its restoration has begun. At the same time, work was underway to collect exposition material. On May 18, 1995, International Museum Day, the house opened its doors to visitors.
Here, in cozy rooms, the life of a priestly house is combined with a peasant way of life. Personal belongings, books, photographs give visitors an opportunity to feel the spirit of that time, touch its relics.
Traditions are alive in the museum: every year, on the last weekend of May, the Tsvetaev Readings are held. These days you will be able to communicate with the descendants of the family, the creative intelligentsia, representatives of the Tsvetaevsk museums of Russia, local historians and other interesting people. Literary and musical living rooms, meetings with musicians, writers and poets are held. It has become a good tradition to bring seedlings from cities that, in one way or another, are associated with significant events in the life of representatives of this glorious family. Now linden, mountain ash, juniper, poplar, birch trees, brought from Koktebel, Tarusa, Shuya, Elabuga, Bolshev, Yasnaya Polyana, grow near the museum.
There is also the first monument in Russia to Ivan Vladimirovich Tsvetaev.
The Tsvetaev family house-museum is located 3 km from the city of Ivanovo in the village of Novo-Talitsy, in a house where several generations of the glorious Russian Tsvetaev family lived since the middle of the 19th century.
This family gave Russia great names. Ivan Vladimirovich Tsvetaev – Russian scientist, Doctor of Roman Literature, founder of the Museum of Fine Arts in Moscow; Marina Ivanovna Tsvetaeva is his daughter, a famous Russian poetess. The first of the Tsvetaeva family’s house in Talitsy was owned by the priest Vladimir Vladimirovich Tsvetaev, who served in the nearby church of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker, Marina Tsvetaeva’s grandfather.
The ensemble includes two buildings: the Priest’s House with outbuildings and the Bell-ringer’s House.
House of Father Vladimir Tsvetaev. In terms of appearance and planning structure, it is typical for ordinary residential architecture of the mid-19th century. Chopped into a flash. (The log walls at the end of the 19th century were sheathed with boards). The rectangular volume on a brick foundation is completed with a hip roof cut by a small transverse mezzanine with balconies overlooking the longitudinal facades. The facade decor is expressed in the traditions of classicism: imitation of rusticated blades at the corners, profiled crowning cornice, austere window frames with profiled sandriks and paneled shutters. The roof overhang above the mezzanine balconies is supported by thin columns. In the tympanum of the pediment there are semicircular windows.
The ringer’s house. Typical rural residential building of the late 19th century. A rectangular wooden blockhouse-five-walled, chopped off, put on a low brick foundation. The roof is ridge, gable. The external decor is minimal: primitive frames and paneled shutters.
The priest’s house as a historical monument was identified and registered with the state in 1982, and in 1987 it was placed under state protection of local importance (see: Decision of the Ivanovo Regional Executive Committee # 340 of 05.08.87).
In 1989-1994. The priest’s house was capitally renovated at the expense of the local budget and adapted for the exposition of the Tsvetaev family memorial museum. home, family nest, as a phenomenon of Russian life in the XIX-XX centuries.
The exposition is based on an extensive collection of memorial items of the clothing fund, photographs, documents, books related both to the Tsvetaevo family directly and to the history of Russia as a whole.