In the south of the Moscow region of the urban district of Podolsk, on the high bank of the Rozhaika River, the right tributary of the Pakhra, there is the Vorobyevo estate. The river in this place winds steeply, creating an amazing, picturesque location of the estate. Its name comes from the ancient Novgorod-Tver and Moscow boyar family, but since the 17th century, the Vorobyovs’ residence was owned by other noble families. After the death of the steward M.P. Zinoviev in 1719, the estate was divided between daughters, one of whom was the wife of Prince Boris Yusupov, and the other was the officer Evgraf Tatishchev, the son of the first Russian historian.
The village of Vorobyevo, Podolsk district, passed to the Tatishchevs.
From the census of 1760. the existence of a wooden manor house and a garden with fruit trees is known. Since 1768, the estate passed to his son – Rostislav. Rostislav Evgrafovich was one of the large landowners of the Moscow province. He was also a great connoisseur of painting and architecture. Contemporaries noted his good taste for acquiring art objects, incl. pictures.
The stone manor house that has survived to this day was founded by Rostislav Evgrafovich in 1806. After 3 years, he gives the house for architectural and design work. As follows from the descriptions, the main images and decorations in the premises were fragments of a romantic landscape, metaphorical figures (painting of walls, ceilings, vaults, plafonds). In the materials of brokerage books, the name of the architect – the author of the plans and facades of the Vorobyevsky house was found. The name of the architect was Manvrini. The architect was probably from Switzerland and was allegedly part of the team of architects led by Domenico Gilardi.
The Tatishchevs moved into the house for permanent residence just before the war of 1812.
One of the features of the manor house was the 24 columns inscribed in the transitional to the outbuildings, and the galleries were originally open. Rostislav Tatishchev used the idea of such transitions from the neighboring Ostafyevo and other estates. But the house stood on an open high slope and was exposed to winds, rain and snow. And then it was decided to cover the transitional galleries tightly. But this still did not save the hosts and guests from the cold autumn and winter frosts. But despite this, the estate was in the center of events. And in these places extraordinary animation reigned.
It was a small palace for that time in this region.
The layout of the estate ensemble was carefully thought out. Alleys and paths in the park were designed, artificial ponds were dug. The house had a two-story living room with a mezzanine, where balls were held and performances were staged. The owners of the estate lived in the left wing, and a dining room was arranged in the right wing. A detached human room served as a kitchen. At first it was conceived to arrange a House Church in one of the chambers, but then they decided to build a separate building. The temple was built in the center of the estate in 1886. It is a small stone church in honor of the Descent of the Holy Spirit, surrounded by fir and cedar trees.
Behind the road, to the east of the temple, there was a carriage row, a smithy and barns.
There is a historical document about the estate, which was left by Count Sergei Sheremetyev. The estate made a very favorable impression on him. And also he writes about a strange fact. The French, who seized the estate in 1812, not only did not destroy the estate, but even hung new paintings on the walls, which were possibly taken from other estates. There is also a very interesting fact. After the wedding with Prince Vyazemsky, Elizaveta Tatishcheva evicted some of her serfs on the Tula road, thus founding the village of Klimovka (now it is the city of Klimovsk).
At the present time on the territory of the estate there is a rest house “Lesnye Polyany”, which has existed since Soviet times. The main house in the style of classicism, a pavilion with Palladian motifs, the Church of the Holy Spirit and a fir park have survived from the estate. Kosogor, on which the main house of the estate is located, is also called an observation deck.