The village of Ermolino is located in the Leninsky district of the Moscow region, not far from the town of Vidnoye. In this village, there is the only church in honor of Nikolai Mirlikisky, which was not closed during the Soviet years. The first information about the village of Ermolino dates back to 1627. It belonged to the Sitsky (Sitsky) princes, distant relatives of the royal house of the Romanovs. It was a dying princely family from the Yaroslavl branch of the Rurikovichs. By the end of the 15th century, they lost the status of appanage princes, having gone into the service of the great Moscow princes, while retaining their ancestral possessions.
In the second half of the 16th century, the Sitskys became related to the Romanov boyar house. Prince Vasily Andreevich was married to Anna Romanovna Zakharyina, the older sister of the first wife of Ivan the Terrible Anastasia. At the beginning of 1622, under Tsar Mikhail Fedorovich, Andrei Vasilievich Sitsky, the son of Vasily Andreevich, was granted to the okolnichy, then to the boyar, he led the Judgment and Local Orders. He was a co-owner of the village of Ermolino, and another part of it belonged to V.A. Sitsky to the boyar Alexei Yurievich.
The history of the village of Ermolino, Leninsky district.
In the census of 1627 in Ermolino there was a church in honor of Nicholas the Wonderworker with a chapel in the name of Vasily the Blessed, 2 boyar yards, a clerk’s yard, 2 people’s yards and 5 peasants, a stables and a cattle yard. Soon Ermolino became part of the palace Domodedovo volost and was ruled by clerks appointed by the tsar. Under Tsar Alexei Mikhailovich, the village was chosen as a place of residence for falconers (falconry was the king’s passion). The old wooden church was dilapidated by 1676. After the death of Alexei Mikhailovich, the falconers were resettled from the village, and in 1692 a new wooden church was consecrated on the old church site.
In 1706, Peter I granted the Domodedovo volost with the villages of Ermolino, Pakhrino and others. Alexander Danilovich Menshikov prince, general and governor. Menshikov left an unkind memory of himself: “In addition to tithe plowing and threshing bread and carts of all kinds to the palace they (peasants) are required to pay 978 rubles a year for all his lordship’s expenses.”
Under Empress Anna Leopoldovna, the taxes imposed by Menshikov were canceled. Since 1737, it was planned to build the Tsar’s yard for 200 heads on the lands of the volost, and use the manure to fertilize the state-owned arable land. But there was not enough pasture for livestock. Then they decided to establish the Tsar’s stud farm in these places. 8 covered stables, a smithy, 4 barracks for grooms, a barn for storing oats, etc. were built. The territory was surrounded by a fence. In December 1740, 61 mares and 17 offspring foals purchased from Little Russia were brought here.
About Nikolsky temple
The wooden church of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker in Yermolina by the end of the 18th century became cramped and very dilapidated. In the 19th century, ancient temples were changed everywhere for stronger and more extensive stone ones. A new brick church in Ermolino was laid in 1814.
The temple was built for a long time and only in 1828 the construction was completed. The author of the project is unknown. The temple was built with the diligence of the parishioners and the help of voluntary donors.” The temple was built in the style of early classicism. “Such modest rural churches constitute one of the most remarkable features of the Russian landscape, they inspire it” M.M. Dunaev.
The Church of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker with a white-stone fence, a white-stone plinth, with plastered walls and greenish-blue domes looks great. In the 2000s. the temple was restored. The facade of the church is plastered and decorative lighting is made. On December 19, 2010, the temple was consecrated. The temple shrine is a copy of the Czestochowa Icon of the Mother of God.
This icon was brought by the nuns of the Krasnostok Women’s Monastery. During the years of persecution, nuns came from Western Belarus to the village of Ermolino, headed by the holy martyr Yaroslav (Savitsky). At present, the temple has, in addition to the main Nikolsky altar, 2 aisles of the Holy Blessed Moscow and St. Nil Stolobensky.