Russian actor Alexey Vorobyov (Alex Sparrow) is a musician, director, screenwriter and composer, Russia’s representative at 2011 Eurovision Song Contest, and UN Goodwill Ambassador for the fight against AIDS. Alexey Vorobyov was born January 19, 1988 in the old Russian city of Tula. His father Vladimir Vorobyov – head of security at the plant, and his mother Nadezhda Vorobyova – a housewife. As a child, Alex studied at the School of Music to play the accordion, and played football for the youth team of Tula. Initially, he wanted to connect his future with the sport, but eventually chose music as his future profession. He has an elder brother Sergei and a sister Galina.
Biography of Alexey Vorobyov
For a while, Alex was the lead singer of the Tula folklore ensemble “Delight”. In 2005, he won the IV Delphic Games of Russia in the nomination “Folk singing” and won a gold medal in solo performance. The same year, Alex arrives in Moscow and casts for a TV contest “The Secret of Success.” As a result, he was ranked third in the final. Alex then moved to Moscow and entered the State Musical College of pop-jazz art. In 2006, he signed a contract with Universal Music Russia. In July 2006, during the summit of the “Big Eight”, held in St. Petersburg, Alexei was one of the singers of the anthem of the project “Youth Eight”, and also performed at a concert during the closing ceremony.
At the fourth In 2007 ceremony MTV Russia Music Awards Alexey Vorobyov receives the “Discovery of MTV». During the selection In 2008 for the Eurovision Song Contest 2008 with the song “New Russian Kalinka” Alex was ranked fifth in the final standings. In 2009, he again was among the finalists of the national selection for the Eurovision Song Contest, but was forced to withdraw his candidacy due to employment in another project. In February 2008, Alex also has won the “Soundtrack” MC in the “Music and Movies”.
Alex signed the contract with music producer Red One In 2011, known for his work with Lady Gaga, Enrique Iglesias, Usher and others. Under the contract, Vorobyov will be performing under the name Alex Sparrow (Alex Sparrow), which is a literal translation of the surname of the musician.
Alex launched his film career in 2006 from the television series “Dreams of Alice.” Began to actively act in films, Alex decides to enroll in a theater institute. In spring 2008, he finishes the State Musical College of pop-jazz art and then enters the Moscow Art Theatre School, the course of Kirill Serebrennikov. 2010, Alex stopped training because lack of time.
In 2010, Alex participated in the reality show “Cruel Intentions”, reached the finals and took second place. In addition, the same year the musician took part in the TV show “Ice and Fire”, where he became the winner in pair with the famous figure skater Tatiana Navka. During the project, Alex broke his arm, but didn’t give up, continuing to perform with plastered hand. In the final, the pair managed to win in this show.
March 3, 2012, in the Tula Academic Drama Theatre at the close of the Russian Film Festival XII Comedy “Smile, Russia!” Alex won the prize for “Best Actor” for his role in the film “Suicide.” The same year Vorobiev starred in the TV series “Deffchonki.”
In 2008, he met with the actress of theater “Tabakerka” Anna Chipovskaya for more than a year. Dated the actress Oksana Akinshina, but in May 2011, they broke up. In August 2011, he began an affair with the singer Victoria Dayneko, but they broke up in May 2012.
At the end of January 2013 media spread news of the car accident that occurred on one of the roads of Los Angeles, which resulted in the left half of his body was partially paralyzed. Alex was in America, he worked on improving his American accent to star in a film with Bruce Willis. After a car accident Alex completely recovered and has performed at a concert in the city of Vladimir.
Alexey Vorobyov filmography:
- The Vatican Tapes (2015) as Dr. Kulik
- I calcianti (2014) as Sergio
- Dad (2013) Short
- The Three Musketeers (TV, 2013) as Lord de Winter
- Three Heroes (TV, 2013) Ivan Tsarevich
- Lyudmila (TV, 2013) Victor Gridin
- The Three Musketeers (2013) Lord de Winter
- The Treasures of OK (2013) Cyril
- Deffchonki (TV series 2012 – …) Sergei Zvonarev, TV star
- Once in Rostov (TV, 2012) Bob
- Three days of Lieutenant Kravtsov (mini-series 2011) Lieutenant Kravtsov
- The New Year sms (TV 2011) Alex
- Crackle 13 (2011) Sery
- Suicide (2011) Alex
- Bear Corner (TV, 2010) Sergei Rogov
- Cool guys (TV, 2010) Anton Zaichikov
- Division (TV, 2010) singer Sima Volan
- In the forests and mountains (TV, 2010) Alex Lokhmaty
- Phobos. Fear Club (2010) Zhenya
- Moskva.Ru 20 (2009) Vitali
- Capercaillie. Come to the New Year! (TV, 2009) Alex
- Scythian Gold (TV series 2009) Gleb
- The Second (TV, 2009) Karamyshev
- Unfinished Lesson (2009) Igor Cherednyak
- Hi, Kinder! (2008) Maxim Izotov
- Dreams of Alice (TV series, 2006 – 2007) Alex
- Freaky New Year (Ukraine) 2020
- Big trip 2019
- Schubert 2018
- Mountain lights 2017
- The secret of the idol 2016
- Love with limitations 2016