Temple of Elijah the Prophet and its history. Dydyldino village, Vidnoe town
The village of Dydyldino in the Leninsky urban district of the Moscow region is located about 4 km east of the center of Vidnoye. In the village there is an unusually beautiful brick temple of Elijah the Prophet, built in 1896 in the pseudo-Russian style. The dissonant name of the village most likely came from the name “Dydylda” (“Dylda”) or from the surname of the landowner Dydyldin. For more than 400 years of history, Dydyldino was both a village and a village, and now it is part of the city of Vidnoe.
In the scribal books for 1627 it is written that after the destruction of the Time of Troubles there was a wooden church of Elijah the Prophet, that it was very dilapidated and collapsed. In the years 1631-1632. a new wooden church was built in the name of the same prophet. The newly erected church and village in the 17th and first half of the 18th century was the patrimony of the Ascension Maiden Monastery, presumably founded in the 15th century by the wife of Dmitry Donskoy, Evdokia.
In 1748, a new wooden summer church was built on a stone foundation under an iron roof with a bell tower, but it was consecrated in honor of the Nativity of God. Why the temple was rededicated is not available.
This church has served its parishioners for several decades. But it also gradually deteriorated over time and needed repairs. Priest Nikifor Bagryadsky from the village of Ostrov wrote: “… the church is in disrepair: the leak from the dome passes not only the meal … but also in the altar itself.” Dydyldino’s parish was very poor. As the headman of the Sukhanov volost wrote in 1894: “Poverty turns into begging.” But a miracle happened. Suddenly a man appeared who offered to build a new stone church in the parish instead of a dilapidated wooden church at his own expense.
It was a candidate of commerce, director of the Savva Morozov and Co office – Ivan Andreevich Kolesnikov.
Very little is known about this man. Even the years of life have not yet been established. But it is known that he was originally from the Don, after graduating from a commercial school in St. Petersburg (1870) he entered the service of Savva Morozov. Contemporaries describe Ivan Andreyevich as follows: “… small in stature, very mobile, completely bald, with a round head, with beautiful eyes, but cold and steel …” He rode in a carriage harnessed to one horse. The director’s salary allowed Kolesnikov to acquire a small estate of Pronino along the Kashirskaya railway, 25 km from the Tsaritsyno station. A one-story small house with a turret and an attic, a residential outbuilding and outbuildings surrounded a beautiful park. Unfortunately, now there are only 2 ponds and a few alleys left.
The Kolesnikovs were deeply religious people and often visited the nearest churches. Parishioners of Dydyldino turned to Kolesnikov for help. In August 1896, a new stone church in honor of the Donskoy Icon of the Mother of God on the high bank of the Kupelenka River was solemnly consecrated to the ringing of bells.
Under the patronage of Ivan Andreevich’s wife, a parish school was opened 2 years later.
At the expense of Ksenia Fedorovna, desks, textbooks and even a gramophone for singing lessons were purchased.
Ivan Andreevich Kolesnikov spent a lot of money on church building. Churches were built not only in Moscow and the Moscow region, but, for example, in Lithuania (1908) and even in Japan (1916). The patron of the arts Kolesnikov built churches in different cities, but he always remembered that he was a native of the Don. Therefore, during the construction of the temple in Dydyldino, he insisted that the church receive a new dedication in honor of the Donskoy Icon of the Mother of God. The temple had this name until it was closed in 1930.
The temple in Dydyldino “is small, distinguished by elegance, with an abundance of light, which falls mainly from above” – so they wrote in the “Moscow Church Gazette” in August 1896. A pine iconostasis was installed in the temple, painted in a fawn color and decorated with gilded carvings.
The Royal Doors were carved and gilded.
The artist Storozhenko painted beautiful icons that adorn the iconostasis.
The painting of the temple was made by the artist Erzunov. In 1930, the temple was closed and fell into disrepair. A tree grew on its destroyed roof.
In Soviet times, the village became a village. In the spring of 1992, permission was given to open the temple. The service proceeded under a leaky roof through which snow fell. And how philanthropists contributed to the revival of the church 100 years ago. One of them was the director of the SU-450, Alexander Ivanovich Chapni. On April 10, 2005, Archbishop Gregory of Mozhaisk consecrated a temple in honor of Elijah the Prophet.